Terwijl het in België en Nederland de regen met bakken uit de lucht valt, kan je nog genieten van mooi herfstweer met op dit moment - 1 oktober 2017 - middagtemperaturen van 22 graden. Waarom niet er een weekend op uit trekken en genieten van het meest elite goedje van Piemonte, de Witte Alba Truffel?
Namiddag of late namiddag :
- aankomst en verwelkoming in het hotel - super de luxe boutique hotel www.monasterocherasco.it met 3 overnachtingen
- chocoladedegustatie in een Pasticceria die qua decor ongewijzigd gebleven is sinds 1881
- even langsgaan bij Acqua di Cherasco – hét huisparfum van Cherasco
- aperitivo serale in één van de meest authentieke cafés - dineren in een Trattoria/Osteria met een heel aparte stijl qua decoratie en tafelinkleding (4 gangen diner met wine pairing inbegrepen)
- Truffelhunting in de voormiddag omstreeks 9.00 u en daarna bezoek aan de truffelbeurs en aan Alba
- Free lunch in Alba
- Na de lunch timing 14.00 u vertrekt u met de gehuurde wagen voor een boeiende Barolo rit met natuurlijk degustatie en bezoek van één van de historische cantina’s (de tour duurt 4 uur). Dit op basis van het ultra handige roadbook
- Omstreeks 20.00 u wordt u verwacht in een top restaurant dat geheel in het teken staat van Slow Food én van Truffeldegustatie. U zal er verwend worden met een typisch menu dat toelaat één van de gerechten te proeven op basis van truffel. Wie meer truffel wenst, kan dat ter plaatse aan de ober vragen. Samenvattend is dus één “grattata” van 7 à 10 gram inbegrepen, wenst u ook de volgende gerechten met truffel kan u dit gewoon afspreken met de restauranteigenaar aan de dagprijs van truffel. Diner bestaat uit 4 gangen met pairing wines.
- Na het ontbijt checkt u uit en gaat u op pad met het zeer duidelijk, én gedetailleerd roadbook en gaat u de regio verkennen van de Barbaresco (4 uur). Ter plaatse zal u de heerlijke, elegante en fijne wijn zélf proeven, the Queen of Wine waar u eerder reeds zaterdag The King of Wine proefde (Barolo). En misschien kan u ook heerlijk flaneren op de markt. We voorzien een lunch in het meest panoramisch, authentieke keuken restaurant van de regio (3 gangen)
Totaal : 510 € per persoon indien u dit programma realiseert met een huurwagen die u zelf nog even vastlegt.
Totaal: 759 € per persoon indien u dit programma realiseert met door ons organiseerde driver/vervoer
Kan je toch niet richting Piemonte komen? In dat geval staat de Witte Alba Truffel voor jou klaar in België. Lees er alles over via deze link https://www.madeinpiedmont-wines.be/tastings/alba-white-truffle-event---belgi
News from Alba - week 27th June 2017
It is a very dry week over here, no rain, sunny from morning to late evening, enjoying “quality” time with family & friends. Made In Italy Travel is trying to follow all local press and we want to inform you of food and wine issues but also of events beyond it which made Piemonte to what it is represents worldwide right now.
Which issues caught our maximum attention:
- Growth of Piemonte in general: 1.9%. Growth of number of labour contract: 2%. Beware that in Piedmont we have a lot of non Italians at work in the vineyards and in all industrial companies. All type of criminal acts decreased from 0.64 to 0.54% and in general poverty is increased but criminal incidents decreased. Between the economical level of a famous winery with world wide reputation and a local version only selling 2000 or 3000 bottles there is some difference. Also for those working in the field (vineyard)
- Summer sales started also in Alba, super “sconti” for very famous labels until 70%. July in Alba means enjoying a maximum of atmosphere which goes along normally with the happy and amusing, but mainly focused on emotional interactive shopping.
- Oscar Farinetti, the “big boss” of Eataly was receiving the award of Innnovation and Promotion honoured businessman by Rotary Alba. He created in fact a very important business which grew from Piedmont and spread all over the world;
- Paolo Conto, concert programmed for 27 October 2017: we have special deals which including accommodation &concert reservations. You can book tickets from 30 tot 100 €;
- Cheese 2017 (20 years) - from 15 to 18 september 2017 - 270.000 cheese lovers from all over the world will be “on site” with 300 exhibitors from 23 countries. Did you read our best offers for this event, accomodation & slow-gastronomy? The official programm was presented last week, update your agenda with this worldwide promoted event;
- I venerdi del Borgo Neive: for those who love classical music, certainly 7th of July will be the most impressive one in the church of Santi Pietro. Even if you miss this one, just inform with us about the the initiatives of 21st and 28th July. Do not miss these because even if weather conditions should be a problem, the organizers have a back up plan.
- Govone, less know because on the other side of the Tanaro river and less promoted outside of Italy. However San Pietro is “in the house”, meaning 1st to 8th July a lot of local events.
Sorry but you did miss these opportunities
- Alba Magica: 1st July – 17.00 h – Pinacoteca del Municipio – Beppe Fenoglio etc and a very exclusive tasting of Vermouth;
- Monta Etnicamente: cultures from all over the world meet, propose food, artisan made objects and music from their home countries and connect with others. An event with a lot of chaired enthousiasm;.
- Movida - event in Alba, focused on shopping, music and dance as a late evening event in the heart of the city:
and some 15 of other events representing every kind of emotion which a non Italian and moreover a non Piedmont is expecting in Piedmont.
September - October 2017 Harvest Trio of Wine, Truffles and slowfood tastings on tour
Do you wish to have a five senses experience? Book one of our tours and get the best out of what you can experience in Piedmont!
Option 1: Visit an artisan, family-run Cantina in Barolo or Barbaresco region with private transfer
Discover the history and traditions of the local wines, and enjoy a "personal approach" from the winemaker. Have a light lunch in his tasting room, enjoying the views on his awards in the worldwide scenery. Have afterwards a small tasting of truffle related products and Dolce
The price includes: Guided wine cellar tour - Wine tasting of three wines depending on Barolo or Barbaresco region, including 1 wine, Barolo or Barbaresco - English interpreter service - Light Lunch with local food, slow food truffle related products tasting and dolce
Option 2: Vip Truffle Tour with private transfer and English speaking guide
Come to discover the magic experience of the truffle hunting in the wood with a "trifolau" and his dog. The tour - including a workshop on truffle - takes about 2 1/2 hours. If you want you can enjoy white truffle on egg, carne crudo and tajarin with a wine tasting included.
Price standard : 75 € per person, including truffle hunting and a workshop, transport to the local truffle hunting from starting point. A minimum of 2 persons is required
Price full optional: truffle hunt, workshops and wigh 3 courses lunch including wine tasting and 2 grattata of white truffle per person, wines included 150€ per person
Option 3: Hands-on Cooking Class
Discover the roots of our local food & wine culture, picking up some of the secrets behind the flavours and ingredients from a local, artisan, family-run, small producing, local specialities atelier. The course is held in a homely setting on a panoramic location on the hills. After the cooking class you will have your lunch with view on the hills outside on the terrace of this typical Slow Food location. During this course you will have a very special fine and elegant wine tasting, aiming to represent the local wine producers from Barolo, Barbaresco and Roero regions.
Timing: Every day, except Monday and Sunday, depending on the kind f workshop 2 hours or 5 hours
Price pasta workshop : 1ore30 + light unch = total time 2hours: 60 € per person
Price Full Option 5 hours Cooking Workshop of Piemontese Dishes : 120 € per person
A minimum of 2 persons is requested
For this course pick up in hotel and bringing you back 40 €
Option 4: Langhe Sightseeing VIP TOUR Barolo & Barbaresco & Roero Routes
Maximum 7persons/ minimum per shuttle with water bottles and snacks on board, a full day program with light lunch of primo, secondo, dolce, including visit of 3 historical wineries, highly quoted wineries Wine Spectator/Wine Advocate/Vinous/Decanter: 1 in Barolo region, 1 in Barbaresco region, and 1 in Alta Langa region. English speaking service. During our trip we will also visit a shop with truffle based products, a Pasticceria with local desserts, a grissini producing atelier and we will have a Merenda. Start of the programm 9 am and end 6.30 pm/ 7 pm .
Price: 120 € per person.(minimum 2 persons)
Option 5: Vip Personalized Guide Service, off the beaten paths, only artisan slowfood tastings in family and top level wineries
Included a full day guide service as a private person or couple, 2 visits of artisan local food atelier and tasting, 2 visits or historical wine cellars and tastings, lunch in a very unique palazzo with dedicated Gastronomy menu, off the beathen path places where lots of information will be shared upon local traditions, local lifestyle. This is a very in-depth tour with issues which are by no means available in the normal tours for tourist and are very far away from the kind of tourist trap. Price on request
For all reservations which are less of 24 hours away we advise you to fill out as well as the form
Wine & Food Authentic Experiences
Tour 1: DISCOVER THE VINEYARD LANDSCAPES, UNESCO WORLD HERITAGESITE
|10.00 am||Departure from Alba - panoramic tour towards different small villages. Strolls in historical center of Barolo, Verduno, Roddi, Grinzane Cavour, La Morra.|
|12.15 am||Visit to the Castello Grinzane Cavour Castle, Unesco Site, but of course, this is an external tour. We dedicate our time to showing you the best views.|
|01.00 pm||Lunch in a unique Slow Food Restaurant which respects, at the utmost levels the rules and philosophy of the slow food organisation. Before lunch we introduce you to the magnificient, historical part of Cherasco.|
|02.30 pm||Time for a Dolce Moment: tasting of Baci di Cherasco in Pasticceria Barbero.|
|03.00 pm||Heading towards the other important Unesco hills, namely Barbaresco.|
|03.30 pm||After a stroll along the vineyards and in the inner town, we take you to probably the most important enologo. The man who made GAJA succeed as an international wine producer. Guido Rivella started on his own now, being retired and having a makeover of his success. But this time with his daughter.|
|05.00 pm||Panoramic tour in the Barbaresco region (Treiso, Neive, Neviglie) and enjoying a merenda at the Cooking School of Piedmontese Dishes.|
|06.00 pm||Return to Alba, stroll in the historical town, visit the Duomo and enjoying a tasting in a shop based on truffle products. The tour ends at 7 pm.|
|Price from:||per person with a minimum of 2 and maximum 3 persons : 200 € per person (if more than 3 persons: price on request)|
|Included||Transport in vip service (couple or 3 persons)|
|Services||Full service of a private tour guide from 10 am until 7 pm (8 hours)|
|Lunch with primo-secondo-dolce, all wines and water included|
|Tasting at Pasticceria Barbero|
|Wine tasting and visit of historical cellar|
Tour 2: ALBA AND TRUFFLE EMOTION
|09.00 am||Departure from Alba, for a panoramic tour of the Barbaresco region with a stroll along the vineyards and the hazelnut trees, a visit of the inner town center of Barbaresco.|
|10.30 am||Tasting of local specialities prepared by the mama's of Barbaresco.|
|11.15 am||Truffle hunt in the woods, with the trifolao and his masterchef, the truffle dog.|
|12.15am||Lunch Menu with White Truffle of Alba. Typical menu of Carne Crudo Tajarin with White Truffle, Bunet. You will be served 7 to 10 grams of white truffle on your dish. You can choose to have an extra portion of White Truffle at the day's price.|
|01.30pm||Continuation of our tour towards the other hills of the Langhe: Barolo with panoramic views and strollls in Barolo, La Morra, Verduno and Roddi.|
|04.30 pm||Paying a visit at the beautiful town of Cherasco, and having a tasting of Baci di Cherasco (Kisses from Cherasco) and other typical chocolates from Piedmont.|
|05.30 pm||Return to Alba where we will have a visit of the historical town center and an extra tasting of Truffle based products.|
Based on 2 persons - 280 € per person - in private shuttle with private tour guide (only 2 VIPs on board).
Price upon request for 3 persons or more.
Tour 3: COOKING AND TASTING EMOTIONS
|09.00 am||Departure from Alba, panoramic tour in Barbaresco.|
|10.30 am||Arrival to a "Country Style Cooking School" , discovering the typical recipes, through a hands on cooking experience of PASTA|
|12.30 pm||Lunch being what you have prepared.|
|01.30 pm||Departure for the Barolo region and visit of a typical Grissini production site (artisanal), where you can try yourself to make grissini's.|
|02.30 pm||Panoramic tour along La Morra, Monforte, Serralunga.|
|04.00 pm||Winetasting at Serrlunga's famous wine producer.|
Continuation of our tour to the other famous towns, being Verduno, Roddi, and paying a visit to Cherasco where we have a tasting of local food. Return to Alba, aperitivo walk.
|Price from||200 € per person / tour for 2 persons/ extra persons, price on request. Private transfers only for the 2 persons of the tour.|
Tour 4: ALTALANGA: AUTHENTIC PLACES, HAZELNUTS AND CHEESES
|10.00 am||Departure from Alba.|
|10.30 am||Visit to a small farm, producing hazelnut (Nocciala Piemonte IGP) with tasting.|
|12.00 am||Walking into a lovely village in the Alta Langa Area.|
|01.00 pm||Lunch in a typical tavern, discovering grandma's recipes (including: primo, secondo/dolce/wines/water)|
|04.00 pm||Visit to a cheese farm. An artisanal producer from sheep and goat cheeses with tasting.|
|05.30 pm||Return to Alba.|
|06.00 pm||End of the tour|
|Price from||150 per person with a minimum 2 persons|
|Services||including all services such as mentioned for tour 1|
Tour 5: SLOWFOOD TOUR FROM BRA TO POLLENZO
|10.00 am||Departure from Alba.|
Visit to Pollenzo, University of Slow Food and Banca del Vino.
Transfer to Cherasco where we will have a stroll in the historical town and taste Baci di Cherasco and other famous chocolates from the Piedmont region.
|01.30 pm||Lunch with slow food tasting, pairing wines with the local, delicious food we will taste.|
|03.00 pm||Panoramic tour to Verduno / Grinzane Cavour and Barolo where you will taste Slow Food. Visit of a very traditional wine producer at La Morra with fine and elegant wines.|
|05.30 pm||Return to Alba and, on our way back, visiting a local artisanal producer of vegetables-based Slow Food|
|07.00 pm||End of our tour after paying a visit to a Truffle-based products producer in Alba.|
|06.30 pm||End of the tour.|
|Price from||200 € per person fot 2 persons - included are a private transfer for the persons who book this tour/ private guided tour/ all tastings, lunch and wine during lunch|
TOUR 6: BAROLO & BARBARESCO WINETASTING TOUR
from 9 am to 7 pm
This tour is exclusively dedicated to visiting wineries. You will visit 4 wineries: 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. Every visit will include a stroll in the historical cellar and tasting of 3 to 4 wines. At the second winerey a lunch will be included (primo-secondo-dolce).
You can make your own choice of wineries to visit or you can leave it to us.
Allergic reactions to certain substances of food need to be announced in advance.
Your tour is fully private, this means that the transport is only for the 2 persons who booked the tour, the private guide dedicates her time to these two guests and every wine cellar will receive you privately and not book you with other guests.
Guests can be picked up at Turin or in other locations nearby, however our price is based on 20 kms around Alba, which means we need to send you a quotation for extra transport.
End of the Tour
220 € per person/based on 2 persons
Price upon request for 3 persons or more.