Taste wine in Piedmont
Poesia della Terra
Discover the poetry of the Piedmontese soil through scents and colours! Come try truffles, slow food and wine in Piedmont and discover the luxuriant colours of each season's landscape. This gastronomic programme treats you to exquisite Italian top products and shows you the region of Piedmont in all its multi-facetted glory. As if that weren't enough, you will also gather knowledge about wine brewing, truffle hunting and learn to make your own Piedmontese dishes during a hands-on workshop!
What can you expect from a three-day programme in Piedmont?
- Visiting a Barolo wine producer : Barolo Cru wine tasting and lunch. The owner, Michele Alessandria, is not only a very talented Barolo Cru producer, but also the manager of ONAV, the main national organisation of wine tasters in Italy.
- Visit wine producers at your option, including an oenological walk through the vineyards: Tenute Cisa Asinari dei Marchesi di Grésy, Bruno Rocca or others
- Tasting of the wines whose creator was an oenologist at GAJA wines for 46 years - ‘The Godfather of Italian Wines’: during this Wine & Dine 4-course menu
- Top-notch Wine & Dine 4-course menu (see above)
- Slow food in Piedmont: in restaurants that offer you a sensational culinary experience
- Tastings of regional products: 1 entire day of culturally inspired interims with tastings of regional products in artisan ateliers (nut cake, grissini, desserts and dessert cookies, cheese, salami,...)
- Piedmontese cooking workshop: during this workshop, you learn to prepare the most characteristic Piedmontese dishes
- Truffle hunting workshop: you learn everything from A to Z about hunting for truffles, before digging them out of the ground yourself along with the truffle hunter and his dog (the truffles remain the property of the truffle hunter)
- Two nights in a double room at 4*-luxury hotel Somaschi Monastero di Cherasco, a luxorious B&B or an authentic agriturismo
Custom wine tasting in Piedmont
MadeInItalyTravel also gives you the option of a custom-made programme. Would you like to meet Angelo Gaja himself? Or do you prefer discovering Guido Rivella's agriturismo and his exquisite Piedmontese wine? Tell us about your wishes and we will arrange for your dream vacation in Italy!
Are you interested? Don't hesitate to contact us! We will be glad to help you.