7 top motivaties om het Slow Food Kaasfestival #cheese 2017 te bezoeken
Slow Food is terug present met het indrukwekkende kaasfestival in Bra, Piemonte, Italië, dit jaar van 15 tot 18 september 2017
7 reden om uw trip naar Piemonte te plannen en een bezoek mee te pikken aan dit festival.
1. Aantal bezoekers
Vorige editie, 2015, registreerde het tweejaarlijkse evenement een record van 300 exposanten uit 23 landen en tientallen evenementen over workshops, diners en proeverijen. Kaasliefhebbers wereldwijd: kom naar Bra en u komt maximaal aan uw trekken.
2. RAUWE MELK
Het thema van dit jaar is rauwe melk, dat wil zeggen onverhitte melk boven 40 ° C. Het verdedigen van rauwe melkproductie, een expressie van biodiversiteit en vakmanschap over de hele wereld, is top issue voor Slow Food. Op de markt van dit jaar worden alleen rauwe melkkazen gehost.
3. Ook meer dan alléén Kaas
Zoals altijd zal Cheese de 360 graden wereld van gastronomisch vakmanschap verkennen. Van bijzonder belang is "natuurlijk", waar salami zonder nitriet en nitraat samen met niet-sulfietwijnen, spontaan gefermenteerde bieren en zuurdeegbrood.
Het gastland van Cheese's 2017 editie is de VS: in de Verenigde Staten is de wetgeving iets moeilijker.. Voeg daarbij de moeilijkheid van communicatie tussen producenten, en we krijgen een lastige en ongereguleerde zuivelproductie. Cheese from US in Affinatori Street en de Great Cheese Room. Ook niet te missen is de conferentie op zaterdag 16 om 10.30 uur Raw in The USA.
Via Principi en via Marconi zijn de routes van het Presidia Slow Food, waar u natuurlijk een aantal van de beroemdste Italiaanse kaas kunt ontmoeten. Caciofiore van het Romeinse platteland, Montebòre Piemontese, Caciocavallo podolico del Gargano ...
6. Being “Social “
Op 16 en 19 september wordt een lab gehouden, gewijd aan de zuivelproductie van de door de aardbeving getroffen in het centrum van Italië. Proeverijen zullen pecorino uit het Sibillini-gebergte, pecorino van Amatrice en Norcia en de gezouten ricotta van Valnerina omvatten.
7. DE "GRAN SALA" VAN KAAS
Dit jaar, in de "Gran Sala dei Formaggi", vindt u honderden specialiteiten uit de hele wereld om één van meer dan 600 Italiaanse etiketten te vinden bij de Enoteca.
Wil jij nog een topdeal #cheese2017 in een Boutique hotel beleven op korte afstand van het evenement? Contacteer ons! Voor jou produceren we een “maatwerk” offerte met eventuele combinatie van #cheese2017 dagformule, dagformule Ontdek Langhe Roero met gids, én kookworkshop met Michelin ster chef.
Book your vacation in the boutique hotel with the best price guarantee Monastero Cherasco in the best month of the year to visit this region.
News from Alba - week 27th June 2017
It is a very dry week over here, no rain, sunny from morning to late evening, enjoying “quality” time with family & friends. Made In Italy Travel is trying to follow all local press and we want to inform you of food and wine issues but also of events beyond it which made Piemonte to what it is represents worldwide right now.
Which issues caught our maximum attention:
- Growth of Piemonte in general: 1.9%. Growth of number of labour contract: 2%. Beware that in Piedmont we have a lot of non Italians at work in the vineyards and in all industrial companies. All type of criminal acts decreased from 0.64 to 0.54% and in general poverty is increased but criminal incidents decreased. Between the economical level of a famous winery with world wide reputation and a local version only selling 2000 or 3000 bottles there is some difference. Also for those working in the field (vineyard)
- Summer sales started also in Alba, super “sconti” for very famous labels until 70%. July in Alba means enjoying a maximum of atmosphere which goes along normally with the happy and amusing, but mainly focused on emotional interactive shopping.
- Oscar Farinetti, the “big boss” of Eataly was receiving the award of Innnovation and Promotion honoured businessman by Rotary Alba. He created in fact a very important business which grew from Piedmont and spread all over the world;
- Paolo Conto, concert programmed for 27 October 2017: we have special deals which including accommodation &concert reservations. You can book tickets from 30 tot 100 €;
- Cheese 2017 (20 years) - from 15 to 18 september 2017 - 270.000 cheese lovers from all over the world will be “on site” with 300 exhibitors from 23 countries. Did you read our best offers for this event, accomodation & slow-gastronomy? The official programm was presented last week, update your agenda with this worldwide promoted event;
- I venerdi del Borgo Neive: for those who love classical music, certainly 7th of July will be the most impressive one in the church of Santi Pietro. Even if you miss this one, just inform with us about the the initiatives of 21st and 28th July. Do not miss these because even if weather conditions should be a problem, the organizers have a back up plan.
- Govone, less know because on the other side of the Tanaro river and less promoted outside of Italy. However San Pietro is “in the house”, meaning 1st to 8th July a lot of local events.
Sorry but you did miss these opportunities
- Alba Magica: 1st July – 17.00 h – Pinacoteca del Municipio – Beppe Fenoglio etc and a very exclusive tasting of Vermouth;
- Monta Etnicamente: cultures from all over the world meet, propose food, artisan made objects and music from their home countries and connect with others. An event with a lot of chaired enthousiasm;.
- Movida - event in Alba, focused on shopping, music and dance as a late evening event in the heart of the city:
and some 15 of other events representing every kind of emotion which a non Italian and moreover a non Piedmont is expecting in Piedmont.
September - October 2017 Harvest Trio of Wine, Truffles and slowfood tastings on tour
Do you wish to have a five senses experience? Book one of our tours and get the best out of what you can experience in Piedmont!
Option 1: Visit an artisan, family-run Cantina in Barolo or Barbaresco region with private transfer
Discover the history and traditions of the local wines, and enjoy a "personal approach" from the winemaker. Have a light lunch in his tasting room, enjoying the views on his awards in the worldwide scenery. Have afterwards a small tasting of truffle related products and Dolce
The price includes: Guided wine cellar tour - Wine tasting of three wines depending on Barolo or Barbaresco region, including 1 wine, Barolo or Barbaresco - English interpreter service - Light Lunch with local food, slow food truffle related products tasting and dolce
Option 2: Vip Truffle Tour with private transfer and English speaking guide
Come to discover the magic experience of the truffle hunting in the wood with a "trifolau" and his dog. The tour - including a workshop on truffle - takes about 2 1/2 hours. If you want you can enjoy white truffle on egg, carne crudo and tajarin with a wine tasting included.
Price standard : 75 € per person, including truffle hunting and a workshop, transport to the local truffle hunting from starting point. A minimum of 2 persons is required
Price full optional: truffle hunt, workshops and wigh 3 courses lunch including wine tasting and 2 grattata of white truffle per person, wines included 150€ per person
Option 3: Hands-on Cooking Class
Discover the roots of our local food & wine culture, picking up some of the secrets behind the flavours and ingredients from a local, artisan, family-run, small producing, local specialities atelier. The course is held in a homely setting on a panoramic location on the hills. After the cooking class you will have your lunch with view on the hills outside on the terrace of this typical Slow Food location. During this course you will have a very special fine and elegant wine tasting, aiming to represent the local wine producers from Barolo, Barbaresco and Roero regions.
Timing: Every day, except Monday and Sunday, depending on the kind f workshop 2 hours or 5 hours
Price pasta workshop : 1ore30 + light unch = total time 2hours: 60 € per person
Price Full Option 5 hours Cooking Workshop of Piemontese Dishes : 120 € per person
A minimum of 2 persons is requested
For this course pick up in hotel and bringing you back 40 €
Option 4: Langhe Sightseeing VIP TOUR Barolo & Barbaresco & Roero Routes
Maximum 7persons/ minimum per shuttle with water bottles and snacks on board, a full day program with light lunch of primo, secondo, dolce, including visit of 3 historical wineries, highly quoted wineries Wine Spectator/Wine Advocate/Vinous/Decanter: 1 in Barolo region, 1 in Barbaresco region, and 1 in Alta Langa region. English speaking service. During our trip we will also visit a shop with truffle based products, a Pasticceria with local desserts, a grissini producing atelier and we will have a Merenda. Start of the programm 9 am and end 6.30 pm/ 7 pm .
Price: 120 € per person.(minimum 2 persons)
Option 5: Vip Personalized Guide Service, off the beaten paths, only artisan slowfood tastings in family and top level wineries
Included a full day guide service as a private person or couple, 2 visits of artisan local food atelier and tasting, 2 visits or historical wine cellars and tastings, lunch in a very unique palazzo with dedicated Gastronomy menu, off the beathen path places where lots of information will be shared upon local traditions, local lifestyle. This is a very in-depth tour with issues which are by no means available in the normal tours for tourist and are very far away from the kind of tourist trap. Price on request
For all reservations which are less of 24 hours away we advise you to fill out as well as the form